Monday, November 7, 2011

Humor: Top 10 Things I Want Most

By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Tyra_LaRocca]Tyra LaRocca
This is an exciting topic. I generally like to think of myself as an idea person, so I choose to address this in terms of things I want most that do not currently exist. Think outside the box, so to speak. Others have called me a dreamer, or a round peg in a square hole, or just shake their heads. That's OK, being different is my mantra.
Here are the Top 10 things I want most (off the top of my head):
1. One of those microwave-type magic meal makers, like in the Jetson's.
It would make life so much easier to walk over to it and say, "Lobster Newburg for 3" and have it pop out in a flash. And then, Creme Brulee for dessert. Not to mention, our menu would then have more than the present 7 choices.
2. A retractable roof above my bathroom and bedroom.
Like my very own superdome. A 'homedome'. Now, on starry summer evenings I can watch for shooting stars to wish upon from the comfort of my own bed. Or from my bathtub, complete with candles, music, a glass of fine wine, and maybe my own special McDreamy.
3. A device that allows me to flawlessly speak and understand any language known to man at the press of a button.
It would be such fun to wander aimlessly around the world and fit in like a native. It would also be interesting to eavesdrop on conversations others feel sure you don't follow-just because.
4. Chocolate that won't melt, until I want it to.
Beyond the M&M, it would be the richest milk chocolate mixed with my favorite flavors which I could take with me anywhere, even in my pocket, to enjoy at my leisure.
5. A debit card that works like my kids think it does.
They seem convinced that just because I have the card with me, it should be able to purchase anything, any time. I remember thinking the same thing as a kid, "Just write a check, Mom". If only it were true.
6. To be able to pause real life.
Ever have those moments, when you look back and wish, "If only I had said/done this?" Well, this would prevent those. Provide the extra time to formulate the perfect action or response to the situation. Or, to take a cat nap without missing anything exciting happening in your life. Or, to brush your teeth before that kiss. The possibilities are endless.
7. To dance on stage with Mikhail Baryshnikov. Or front row seats to a tennis match between John McEnroe and Jimmy Connors, or between Roger Federer and, well, anyone.
I know, both of these things may have been possible- at some time. That is, of course assuming I can dance well enough to share the stage with Baryshnikov (oh well, we are talking about things that don't exist yet).
8. Kids who do their own laundry, and cooking (unless we have a Jetson-wave).
I have actually heard of such kids existing, but never personally met any.
9. Cats who learn how to use the toilet.
The one chore that everyone seems to want to hand off to someone else is cleaning the cats' litter box. I have always lived in households with cats, and love them to death because they are self-sufficient in so many areas. If they would just learn to use the toilet, I'm pretty sure they would be the perfect pet.
10. A camera that automatically takes off 10 years and 20 pounds.
You've heard how the camera adds 10, 20, even 30 pounds (depending on who you ask, and how much less they wish they weighed). Well, this miraculous camera would do just the opposite. Imagine fantastic photos all the time, looking your best, and 10. 20 or 30 pounds lighter (depending on how much less you wish you weighed). I might actually update my family portrait from the 10 year old one on the wall. Oh, to look younger and skinnier. Almost as good as feeling younger and skinnier (that would be number 11).
Well, that's my wish list for today. Tomorrow I may dream up a new one. These will be so yesterday by then.
Tyra LaRocca
Life Coach
Outside the Box Life Coach
Get outside your box and expand your life to fit your dreams!
I'd love your feedback or article suggestions at  [mailto:Tyra@outsidetheboxlifecoach.com]Tyra@outsidetheboxlifecoach.com
Sign up for my newsletter for more great tools here: http://outsidetheboxlifecoach.com/
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Humor:-Top-10-Things-I-Want-Most&id=6564620] Humor: Top 10 Things I Want Most

No comments:

Post a Comment